Athletics results are published and communicated variously, but it’s good to share some notable varsity student achievements in both sports and other State High School League activities. Below are some highlights in the winter season thus far:
- The One Act play, “Twelve Angry Jurors,” advanced to the 2nd round of sections and placed 3rd overall..
- The Dance team finished the season strong, placing 1st in their last regular season invitational at Monticello. They placed 5th in jazz and 7th in high kick at the section tournament this past weekend.
- Nordic Ski girls placed 7th and the boys placed 6th at the section tournament. Great performances by Ryan and Ethan Oskar, Taylor Asche and Leni Kuhn.
- Our top performing Alpine skier was Landon Koster who placed 9th in the final regular season meet.
- Varsity Quiz Bowl “A” Team finished 2nd in the region and are moving onto playoffs which take place Thursday this week.
- Sophomore Maddyn Greenway hit the 3,000 point milestone in girls basketball, making her the 2nd quickest player in MN state history to hit 3,000 points.
- Senior Louie Wehmann surpassed the 200 goal mark in boys’ hockey, making him the only player in school history to do so. Louie now holds the records for most goals, most assists and most points in program history.
- Freshman Amory Kaufman who was awarded the number one scoring player in the region for Quiz Bowl.
- The Speech team has had some wonderful performances. Senior Sandra Alb placed 2nd at the Mounds Park Academy Tournament for Impromptu Speaking and 1st place at the Odyssey tournament in Orono under the category of Original Oratory. Sophomore Tabitha Roles placed 1st at the St. Michael-Albertville Invitational for Storytelling.
There’s an amazing amount of talent in Lions’ Nation!