Volunteering at Providence
Sharing Your Gift of Time & Talent
Providence Academy is blessed by the generous and enthusiastic support of parent volunteers. Volunteering is a wonderful way to connect with parents and share in the spirit of Providence Academy. It is also a special opportunity to support your children, faculty, and the Providence community.
There are many opportunities to volunteer your time during the school day, evening hours, and even on weekends. Please take a moment to view the opportunities listed below and sign up for the event or events that best fit your schedule.
Descriptions and additional details for various volunteer opportunities are listed below, as well as additional information about what is required in order to volunteer, including registering for or updating your VIRTUS training. We are so grateful for your willingness to share your gifts of time and talent!
New Volunteers (Account Set Up)
Dear Friend of Providence Academy,
We thank you so kindly for working with us and keeping our children safe! All employees and volunteers who interact with minors are required to complete and maintain safe environment credentials through the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
To ensure successful completion of the requirements, please follow the details below (Please note we are in the Archdiocese of St. Paul Minneapolis).
Total Time Commitment: Approximately 95 minutes
- Please set aside sufficient time to complete all items without logging out. Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
- Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented. Skipping items, fast-forwarding, or backing up may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments.
- Complete each registration field as presented on the screen (Select the Archdiocese of St. Paul Minneapolis. Then select “Providence Academy” as the location where you will work or volunteer).
- Complete the Code of Conduct and electronically sign it.
- Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required)
- Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes)
To begin, please visit the VIRTUS website, using the Google Chrome browser and allowing pop-ups for the site.
Thank you so kindly for working with us and keeping our children safe!. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Returning as a Providence Volunteer (Account Renewal)
Dear Friend of Providence Academy,
Thank you for being a part of Providence Academy! As you know, Safe Environment online training is required in order to serve as an employee or volunteer at a Catholic School. This training must be updated every three years.
Update your online training by visiting www.virtusonline.org. The system will indicate which items need to be updated. Your home screen will ask you to complete one, two and/or three items:
- A newly assigned online module such as: “Protecting God’s Children”, “Keeping the Promise Alive” or “Child Sexual Abuse.”
- Code of Conduct – review and electronically sign
- A Background Check is required as you begin working with us and every three years thereafter. Please answer the background check questions carefully as the system prompts. You will need to include your social security number.
Thank you so kindly for working with us and keeping our children safe! Please do let me know when you’ve completed this training so I can update our records accordingly. Feel free to contact me with any questions!
2021-2022 Volunteer Opportunities
Some Volunteer Opportunities from Previous School Years
• Euacharistic Adoration
• Health Screenings
• PAPA Cookbook Committee
• Selling PAPA Cookbooks at Christmas Events
• PAPA “Fire and Ice Gala”
• Parent Party Hosts
• Teach Christmas Breakfast
• Lower School Sock Hop
• Middle School Rootbeer Floats During Catholic Schools Week
• Middle School Spring Party