Employment at Providence Academy
Providence Academy is a Roman Catholic college-preparatory school with a comprehensive, core-knowledge curriculum that promotes superior academic achievement, mastery of skills and content, character development and citizenship within a faith-filled, Christian environment.
Employment opportunities at Providence Academy are posted here as they arise.
Job Type: Temporary
Department: Athletics Department
Providence Academy is currently seeking part-time Dome supervisors for the Winter sports season. The purpose of this position is to provide good customer service to dome customers, to supervise dome rental groups, and to ensure smooth operations. The Providence Academy Dome is open from late October until April. Shifts can be scheduled as late as 10:30 p.m. and shifts will be predominately
on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. and ranging from 5 to 8 hours in length.
The Dome Supervisors will be responsible for managing daily operations within the Providence Academy Sports Dome facility. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
● Open/Close facility – disarm/arm security system, unlock/lock appropriate doors
● Enforce all rules and regulations established by Providence Academy
● Be visible and available to dome users
● Walk around facilities checking security, space usage, equipment and safety concerns
● Regular maintenance – bathrooms cleaned & paper products filled, spills mopped, sweeping, etc.
● Set up and take down open play equipment
● Ability to lift 45 lbs.
● Monitor field rentals and help make smooth transitions of rental groups
● Administering first aid and submitting incident reports
● Experience working as a supervisor, scorekeeper, or athletic sport supervisor
● Ability to work weeknights, weekends and holidays
Hourly Pay Rate
Monday – Friday: 6:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. in 5 hr. shifts.
● Available to work nights, weekends and holidays
● Ability to physically perform functions as related to the position
● 18 years of age and older
Desirable Training and Experience
● Prior customer service experience
● First aid knowledge
● Ability to work independently
● Seasonal, temporary, and on-call employees are not eligible for benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a resume to Daren.Messmore@providenceacademy.org listing ‘Dome Supervisor’ in the subject line.
Licensed Secondary School Counselor
Providence Academy seeks a full time 1.0 licensed secondary school counselor beginning with the 2017-2018 school year. This professional will provide academic as well as personal/social counseling services to students and serve on a divisional student support team of professionals. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in working with secondary-age students, with appropriate licensures, and with excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with sophisticated student information systems and learning management software is a bonus.
Application Procedure: In the essence of time, for this application, please prepare and send a cover letter, resume, current references, and a copy of your MN license(s) to Lori Determan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Teacher - Grades Pre-K - 12
- Pre-K or Elementary experience is required for Pre-K through Grade 5 assignments.
- Available for short call
- As a substitute teacher, you may request to be placed on call list for days that fit your schedule.
- Strong support of school’s Catholic mission and focus
Email resume and cover letter to:
Applicants can also send or fax resume and cover letter to:
Providence Academy Human Resources
15100 Schmidt Lake Rd.
Plymouth, MN 55446
Providence Academy is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.