Employment at Providence Academy
Providence Academy is a Roman Catholic college-preparatory school with a comprehensive, core-knowledge curriculum that promotes superior academic achievement, mastery of skills and content, character development and citizenship within a faith-filled, Christian environment.
Employment opportunities at Providence Academy are posted here as they arise.
Assistant Boys Soccer Coaches
• Varsity Assistant Coach
• Head JV Coach
ASSISTANT COACHES will work cooperatively with the head coach and other staff to provide training opportunities that include instruction, management, and teaching of all student-athletes. Must possess the ability to communicate with players and parents effectively and participate as a positive team member in the development and support of excellence within the athletic department. Assistant coaches will perform duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Athletic Department.
Assistant Track and Field: Distance and Sprint Coaches
Providence Academy seeks experienced coaches with a passion for high school students and the ability to communicate effectively with them while having a passion for sports. The following positions are available for the 2018-19 season.
Assistant Track and Field: Distance and Sprint Coaches will work cooperatively with the head coach and other staff to provide training opportunities that include instruction, management, and teaching of all student/athletes. Must possess the ability to communicate with players and parents effectively and participate as a positive team member in the development and support of excellence within the athletic department. Assistant coaches will perform duties as assigned by the Head Coach of Athletic Department.
Candidates should possess a strong knowledge of the sport, demonstrated success at the high school or collegiate level, integrity and fairness, and strong support for the school’s Catholic mission.
Send Resumes to:
Mrs. Amy Hohenecker, Program Head: Boys/Girls Track and Field
15100 Schmidt Lake Road
Plymouth, MN 55446
Providence Academy, a premier private, Catholic Pre-K-12 school located in Plymouth currently has a rare opening for a dependable individual for the position of AM/PM school bus route driver.
Split shift — One campus — One tier
AM run pays a minimum of $33.50
Leave the lot between 6:30 a.m. and 6:55 a.m. — Done by 8:20 a.m.
PM run pays a minimum of $33.50
Report in at 3:00 p.m.; done by 5:00 p.m.
All routes buses are 29 – 32 passenger school buses
Most runs have fewer than 20 students assigned
$16.75 per hour with Two Hour Minimums
Guaranteed four hours each day school is in session. 20 hours per week. Additional hours available
Our school, families, and students believe in personal responsibility. We have very few discipline issues!
- 21 years or older
- Safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license for two years.
- CDL with passenger and school bus endorsement OR be able to upgrade the driver’s license to a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with school bus and passenger endorsement.
- Able to successfully pass a background check, pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Eric.England@ProvidenceAcademy.org or call 763-258-2585.
Food Service Grill Cook and Aides
Taher Inc., food service provider for Providence Academy, is seeking food service workers in the following areas:
- Grill Cook
- Food Services Aides (prep and cashier duties)
Flexible schedule available, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. No holiday or summer hours. Competitive wage in a friendly, supportive environment.
Contact Chef-Manager Marshall Morris at phone (763) 258-2535 or (612) 382-8884, or email at email@example.com.
Head Coach for Boys Soccer
Successfully develop student athletes in an athletic program committed to academic and athletic excellence. Lead the delivery of a positive educational based athletic experience.
- Understand and be able to teach current best-practices for high school athletics
- Create a learning environment that inspires and stretches all players to improve
- Promote a focused and fun atmosphere that inspires players to improve
In Season Oversight and Responsibility
- Develop all practice plans and game plans
- Oversee necessary video, scouting, and statistics
- Complete necessary program details with athletic department
- Passion for high school students and ability to communicate effectively with them
- Passion for this sport and high school athletics
- Preferred education degree
- Previous coaching experience in this sport
- Program leadership qualifications
- Knowledge of educational based athletics and best practices
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong support of school’s Catholic mission and focus
Interim Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Providence Academy seeks a full time Interim Communications and Marketing Coordinator to support the school from approximately mid-March through July. The position reports directly to the Director of Admissions and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The overall responsibilities of the position would be to create and produce marketing materials for Providence Academy and communicate school information and news:
– Producing internal communications and printed collateral
– Serving as liaison between school and news media.
– Serving as photographer for various school activities
– Creating annual report and monthly all school publications
– Maintaining social media presence
– Updating website content as needed
Candidate should possess:
– A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism and a minimum of 2 years experience.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Ability to prioritize, be flexible, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
-Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, as well as proficiency in working with website CMS and social media. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs is a must.
– Ability to support the school’s Catholic mission.
PT Kindergarten Assistant
Part-time: 25 hours per week (approximately)
Schedule: 7:25 a.m – 12:25 p.m. (includes early morning care)
In addition, must be available for some hours during one week of the school’s two-week spring break in March.
- Support the Catholic mission of Providence Academy
- Consistently support and reinforce Kindergarten teacher’s goals and objectives
- Assist students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments provided by the teacher
- Maintain classroom equipment, work area, for the purpose of ensuring availability of items
- Provide a safe learning environment, and/or meeting mandated requirements
- Supervise students during lunch, recess, and free-play periods
- Assist in supervision of students during specialist class periods
- Maintain flexibility as a full “team member” in meeting classroom and school-wide goals
- Assist teacher in providing a positive learning environment by applying behavior expectations in a consistent manner while respecting the child’s dignity
- Communicate with teachers, support staff, and parents in a positive manner
- High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Experience working with Preschool or Kindergarten children in a classroom or supervision of young children in a group activity setting.
Substitute Teacher - Grades Pre-K - 12
- Pre-K or Elementary experience is required for Pre-K through Grade 5 assignments.
- Available for short call
- As a substitute teacher, you may request to be placed on call list for days that fit your schedule.
- Strong support of school’s Catholic mission and focus
Email resume and cover letter to:
Applicants can also send or fax resume and cover letter to:
Providence Academy Human Resources
15100 Schmidt Lake Rd.
Plymouth, MN 55446
Providence Academy is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.