Career Opportunities at Providence
Providence Academy is a Roman Catholic college-preparatory school with a comprehensive, core-knowledge curriculum that promotes superior academic achievement, mastery of skills and content, character development and citizenship within a faith-filled, Christian environment.
Celebrating nearly two decades since our founding, Providence has established itself as one of the Top 10 Private High Schools in Minnesota and one of the Top 10% of Catholic Schools and Top 5% of Private Schools in the United States.
A career at Providence is more than just an employment opportunity – it’s an invitation to become part of a passionate and dedicated community of students, families, and fellow faculty. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions listed on this page, however, we welcome application submissions regardless of available positions.
Submission information may be specific to the opportunity and listed within the respective career opportunity, otherwise it can be found on this page beneath our current career opportunities.
Providence Academy, a premier private, Catholic Pre-K-12 school located in Plymouth currently has a rare opening for a dependable individual for the position of AM/PM school bus route driver.
Food Service Grill Cook and Aides
- Grill Cook
- Food Services Aides (prep and cashier duties)
Flexible schedule available, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. No holiday or summer hours. Competitive wage in a friendly, supportive environment.
Long-Term Substitute – Spanish Teacher
Providence Academy, an exceptional private Catholic school in Plymouth, seeks a qualified, enthusiastic long-term substitute teacher for High School Spanish, beginning late September through December, 2020.
We are looking for an experienced long-term substitute teacher who:
- Engages and motivates students.
- Is committed to the mission of Catholic education.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, staff and administration.
- Has the knowledge and skills necessary to implement educational best practices in instruction and assessment.
Kindergarten Assistant (PT)
Providence Academy, a private Catholic school in Plymouth, seeks a qualified, enthusiastic part-time Kindergarten Assistant.
We are looking for someone who will be available for approximately 25 hours during one week of the school’s two-week spring break in March, as well as someone who will:
- Fully support the Catholic mission of Providence Academy
- Consistently support and reinforce the teacher’s goals and objectives
- Assist students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments provided by the teacher
- Maintain classroom equipment, work area, for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing a safe learning environment, and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Supervise students during lunch, recess and free play periods, assist in supervision of students during specialist class periods
- Assist teacher with preparation of lesson materials and organization of supplies and curricular materials
- Maintain flexibility as a full “team member” in meeting classroom and school-wide goals.
- Assist teacher in providing a positive learning environment by applying behavior expectations in a consistent manner while respecting the child’s dignity.
- Communicate with teachers, support staff, and parents in a positive manner
- High school diploma required
- Experience working with or supervising young children in a preschool or group activity setting
Substitute Teacher - Grades Pre-K - 12
- Pre-K or Elementary experience is required for Pre-K through Grade 5 assignments.
- Available for short call
- As a substitute teacher, you may request to be placed on call list for days that fit your schedule.
- Strong support of school’s Catholic mission and focus
Providence Academy is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.