Career Opportunities at Providence
Providence Academy is a Roman Catholic college-preparatory school with a comprehensive, core-knowledge curriculum that promotes superior academic achievement, mastery of skills and content, character development and citizenship within a faith-filled, Christian environment.
Celebrating nearly two decades since our founding, Providence has established itself as one of the Top 10 Private High Schools in Minnesota and one of the Top 10% of Catholic Schools and Top 5% of Private Schools in the United States.
A career at Providence is more than just an employment opportunity – it’s an invitation to become part of a passionate and dedicated community of students, families, and fellow faculty. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions listed on this page, however, we welcome application submissions regardless of available positions.
Submission information may be specific to the opportunity and listed within the respective career opportunity, otherwise it can be found on this page beneath our current career opportunities.
Transportation Coordinator (Full-Time)
Immediate Opening, Full Time
The Coordinator of Transportation position provides leadership, direction and guidance to the Transportation Department and fully supports the goals and objectives of Providence Academy by providing safe, reliable, cost effective and customer friendly service to our families. This position maintains positive employee relations ensuring safe, reliable transportation for daily route service, field trips, and athletic trips.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the primary responsibilities include managing all day-to-day functions and activities of the school bus transportation and vehicle maintenance.
● Oversees the screening and training of bus drivers ensuring that all transportation staff are in full compliance with performance standards, procedures, and requirements of all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations regarding the safe operation of school buses.
● Provides approved supervision, professional growth, mentoring and development opportunities to assigned staff.
● Responsible for driver ride-alongs, performance reviews, and development of staff.
● Ensures that applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to transportation operations are complied with at all times.
● Manages budget for area of responsibility.
● Plans and controls staffing and performs other scheduling, human resources, finance, and payroll related functions for assigned employees.
● Directs system-wide transportation services including transportation to and from school, field trips and athletic trips.
● Review appropriate school bus transportation routing and vehicle utilization for all routes, field trips and athletic trips.
● Plan, organize, control and direct the scheduling, operations, personnel, budgets, fleet maintenance program.
● Development, review and modify policies and procedures governing fleet maintenance and replacement of all vehicles.
● Develop staff, organization structure and reporting and communications procedures for the department; evaluate and modify personnel, employment, training, certification, transfer, assignment and discipline practices for transportation employees.
● Train and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; provide for continuing departmental staff training programs in bus driver training, license renewal and related functions; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions.
● Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Have or ability to obtain a CDL with School Bus endorsement
● Excellent Communication Skills
● Strong Interpersonal Skills
● Ability to Problem Solve
● Ability to work in fast paced, changing environments
● Familiarity with technology management systems – ex. Google Apps
Combination of education and experience that provide required skill and knowledge for successful performance.
Class B (or A) Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with School Bus and Passenger endorsement
Providence Academy, a premier private, Catholic Pre-K-12 school located in Plymouth currently has a rare opening for a dependable individual for the position of AM/PM school bus route driver.
Substitute Teacher - Grades Pre-K - 12
- Pre-K or Elementary experience is required for Pre-K through Grade 5 assignments.
- Available for short call
- As a substitute teacher, you may request to be placed on call list for days that fit your schedule.
- Strong support of school’s Catholic mission and focus
Please use application instructions located near the bottom of this page to apply for this position.
Food Service Grill Cook and Aides
- Grill Cook
- Food Services Aides (prep and cashier duties)
Flexible schedule available, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. No holiday or summer hours. Competitive wage in a friendly, supportive environment.