Providence Academy Parent Association (PAPA)’s chief purpose is to support, organize and develop events and activities, coordinate parent volunteerism, to assist with fundraising in cooperation with the Development office and to facilitate communication between the school and parents.
This year PAPA provided service and support throughout the school year in multiple ways.
· Meals for faculty during the fall and spring conferences
· A Christmas breakfast for faculty and staff led by Debbie Dove Larson.
· Our first Parent Date Night was planned by Shandell Hunter, Chris von Dohlen and Jeff Fish
PAPA hosted a variety of Lower School events for students and families. Thank you to the committee chairs who led the following events:
· The New Parent Orientation chaired by Anne Jewison and Hilary Sanborn.
· Homecoming Ice Cream Social chaired by Anne Jewison and Hilary Sanborn
· Sock Hop chaired by Mallory Busacker
· Family Service Project chaired by Matt Stearns and Britton Goetze
· End-of-Year Picnic chaired by Anne Jewison and Hilary Sanborn.
Lower School Classroom Representatives with the support of Lower School Vice Presidents, Anne Jewison and Hilary Sanborn assisted the teachers in planning class events, soliciting volunteers for class specific needs, and managing grade-level budgets. We are so grateful for their dedication to our Lower School Faculty this year.
Lower School Classroom Representatives:
Allison Anderson Jennifer Greenway Loredana Morett Herbst Lindsey Rymer
Leah Anderson Maggie Horan Sara Noznesky Nichole Scheltizche
Laura Bohlander Heather Hosfield Gretta Nystrom Karen Schwartz
Jessie Bollig Naomi Ketcher Erin O’Grady Kathryn Septer
Jill Budish Morgan Kirchner Lauren O’Neil Kathleen Smith
Mallory Busacker Andrea Lackore Terra Otto Emily Stearns
Amy Crow Brittany Lada Alissa Partee Lauren Stennes
Mindy Daniels Kerianne LeJeune Jennifer Peterson Jillian Twaddle
Donna Ebertz Jamie Majkrzak Susan Pitt Sejal Winkelman
Amanda Falcone Elizabeth Merry Amy Richter
Amy Fraser Jenna Mills Katie Roberg
In the Middle School, PAPA planned the following event for Middle School students:
· AIM in August to welcome new middle school students
· Fall & Spring Middle School party at the school
· Catholic Schools Week celebration with root beer floats.
· A community service project
We are grateful to Liz Schnobrich for her leadership in these events this year as the Middle School Vice President.
PAPA supported the Upper School this year through many events.
· Kick-off donuts for 1st week of school for all US students was a hit!
· Treats were provided as a pop-up surprise during Homecoming week.
· In preparations for fall finals, Upper School students were each given a goody bag prior to finals to help them with “burning the Midnight Oil” followed by a pop-up treat table to kick off their finals and cheer on their success.
· In the winter Upper School students received hot cocoa for sledding then bagels or donuts for spring kick-off.
· PAPA provided the raffle gifts for the students’ winter casino night.
· Treats during senior finals and grades 9-11 finals showed our love and support. For the seniors, PAPA sponsored a Jimmy John’s lunch and a root beer float when they finished their last final.
A special thank you goes to Ginger Anzalone for her leadership in these events as the Upper School Vice President.
As far as fundraising goes, PAPA hosted three events:
Used Uniform Sales both in August and in January raised $8,000 in total and was chaired by Annie Kosel.
Lower School Fall Fun Fair raised over $9,000 and was chaired by Jessie Bollig and Lauren O’Neil.
In April Nichole Schelitzche and Sara McCabe-Eisenhoffer chaired the Annual Gala which raised over $500,000.
Not only did these amazing events help us to fundraise, but they also provided us with memorable community building experiences. A very special thank you to the amazing leaders and volunteers who delivered these events and raised money for our beloved school.
Since PAPA includes our entire parent community, the PAPA Board would like to recognize and thank YOU for your support and gifts of talent and time. The investments that you have made into our students, faculty, and staff is priceless!