Our middle school will participate in standardized testing the week of November 2-6, with the exception of parent-teacher conference day on November 4. We will test for two periods of each school day that week at different times of the day, so please avoid scheduling appointments at those times whenever possible. Students who are absent during those days will have time to make up the missed exams the following week. Students learning via Simul-Classroom or absent from school for more than half of the testing times this year will be exempt from the test.
Our testing times are as follows:
- Monday, November 2- 1:30-3:15 (Purple and Pink periods)
- Tuesday, November 3- 8:30-10:15 (Red and Orange periods)
- Thursday, November 5- 11:40-1:25 (Light blue and Dark Blue periods)
- Friday, November 6- 9:25-11:10 (Yellow and Green periods)
Providence Academy utilizes the ERB-CTP5 exam. Among schools nationwide, the CTP5 is considered to be one of the most rigorous standardized tests available. Students taking the ERB are tested on both basic skills and higher level thinking skills. We believe that this provides our students with beneficial experience in taking a challenging exam. Additionally, test reports provide detailed information about student performance, both individually and as a group, which gives us the data we need to refine our teaching plans.
Please be assured that no special preparation is necessary for your child to participate in the testing. Our curriculum prepares our students well for these tests, and we simply want them to relax and do their best.
- Please help your child to get a full night’s rest and a good breakfast to prepare themselves for each testing day.
- Students should bring their own #2 pencils, a book to read for pleasure when testing is completed each day.
- No calculators are permitted on any portion of the CTP5.