We are seeing some initial cases of influenza at Providence. Here are a few reminders to stay healthy and avoid spreading illness to others:
– It’s not too late to get your flu shot. It takes a couple of weeks to become fully effective.
– Please review the illness guidelines on when to keep your child home from school.
– When calling the attendance line, it’s helpful to leave a brief description of your child’s symptoms.
– If your child has been diagnosed with illnesses such as influenza, strep, mono, please notify the attendance line.
– How do you know if it’s a cold or the flu? The CDC has some tips.
– Finally, students must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
Thanks for your help and reach out to the health office if you have any questions.