MSHSL Attendance Policy on Friday and Saturday’s State Basketball Games
The Minnesota State High School League has imposed COVID-19 related restrictions on attendance at this weekend’s girls’ basketball semifinal and final games. It saddens me to need to promulgate this, as PA turned out in grand style for last night’s thrilling quarterfinal victory!
Below, I reproduce relevant portions of the High School League’s policy, and follow with concluding comments:
- Each student participant (players and managers) may designate up to 4 spectators for each section tournament game (20 students x 4 tickets each = 80 spectators.
- No Substitutions will be made once the list is submitted
- The Spectator Admittance Form is for spectators only. Student-athletes, coaches, student media, bus drivers, team videographer, statisticians and other team personnel listed on the Official Team Pass List will enter through the pass gate.
- Previously purchased or issued tickets, passes, complimentary tickets, official passes, coaches association passes or passes of any other form will not be accepted
- Tickets will be available 30 minutes prior to each game
- School Administration shall be present at their school designated ticket window during 30-minute ticket selling process
- Spectators will present their ID at their school designated ticket window. If their name is on the approved Spectator Admittance Form, they will be allowed to purchase a ticket and will gain access into the tournament venue.
- The facility will be cleared of all spectators immediately following the conclusion of each game
- There will be no pregame or postgame handshakes between teams and/or officials
- There will be NO cheerleaders, pep bands or half-time entertainment at any site
- Only credentialed media members will be allowed admittance to each game
Please do note that only persons on the “Spectator Admittance Form” that will be submitted tomorrow at 10 a.m. will be allowed into Williams Arena. We appreciate your cooperation under these special circumstances.
In addition, the “consolation” or third-place game scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled.
Let’s be sure to cheer on our wonderful Lady Lions this weekend! We are so very proud of them!
The MSHSL Girls State Tournament Semifinals game between Providence Academy and Duluth Marshall will be streamed live online for free by Prep45 starting at 8:00 pm, and will also be available on Channel 45. You can be view the stream by clicking the button below.
The full offical announcement from the MSHSL can be read by clicking the button below.