Dear School Families,
It will be so good to be together with your children again, and that time will quickly be upon us!
In anticipation of our return together in just a few short weeks, this e-Bulletin is chock-full of information that will be useful to your family as we begin the new school year. Additionally, an envelope of key forms that need to be completed and returned to school on or before the first day of school will be available for your pick up when you attend the uniform sale and Back to School BBQ on Wednesday, August 8. Should you not be able to attend, the envelopes will be available for pick-up near the Statue of Mary beginning Tuesday, August 7, and will remain through Monday, August 13; any that remain at that point will be mailed to families. We thank you in advance for your prompt attention to these important forms.
We are looking forward to hosting required Orientations as follows:
Lower School Orientation for children and parents will be held as follows, on a drop-in basis:
- Grades Kindergarten-5: Monday, August 27: 4:00-6:30 p.m. (Uniforms are not worn for the K-5 evening orientation)
- Pre-K students: Wednesday, August 29: 8:30-10:15 a.m. (Please note, Pre-K students are required to be in uniform when attending orientation.)
Middle School Orientation will be held Monday, August 27. We ask that students arrive promptly at the appropriate time and be present for the duration. All students are required to be in uniform when attending orientation.
- All Middle School Students (6th, 7th and 8th): Students will check in at the Statue of Mary in uniform by 8:30 a.m. After check in, you will proceed to your assigned Ultima classroom. Orientation will conclude at 12:00 p.m. Please bring your school supplies to get your locker set up for the first day of school. There is time for locker organizing built into the schedule, so please arrive no earlier than 8:30 a.m.
- Orientation Highlights: Meet and greet your Ultima Advisor and classmates, receive your schedule, learn your locker assignment, participate in ice breaker activities, enjoy a prayer service, hear an overview of all the Middle School happenings, and eat lunch – on the house!
Upper School Orientation will be held Tuesday, August 28.
All Upper School students are required to be in uniform at Orientation.
We ask that students arrive promptly at the appointed time and be present for the duration:
- All New Students and All Ninth Grade Students (new and returning): 10:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Parents of All New Students and Parents of All Ninth Grade Students: 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Returning Students in grades 10-12: 11:45 a.m.-3:15 p.m. (report first to the Atrium)
*Please Note: Students are welcome to arrive as follows, to greet friends and get settled, however, they are not required to be on campus until the above noted official start time of their activities.
- New Upper School Students and all 9th Grade Students may begin arriving at 9:00 a.m.
- All returning 10th, 11th and 12th Grade Students may begin arriving as early as 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch will not be available for any returning 10th, 11th or 12th grade students, so please plan accordingly.
As this month progresses, we welcome back student athletes, student leaders, then faculty members, and finally everybody. It will be a joy to be together again.
Todd R. Flanders