Dear Providence Academy Athletic Families,
As I write this letter, it is 84 degrees and sunny and here I am thinking about our fall sports season. Can you believe that Upper School captains’ practices begin next week? Where has this summer gone? Well, in all honesty, I’m extremely excited to begin the 2019-2020 athletic season!
I want to take a minute and list some important information as the fall season quickly approaches:
1) The athletic leadership team would like to invite all of you to our annual athletic department meeting that will take place on Tuesday, August 13, in our beautiful Performing Arts Center. The meeting is from 6:00-7:30 p.m. and it is mandatory for all athletes that will be participating in an athletic activity during the 2019-2020 school year and their parents.
The purpose of the meeting is to introduce current and incoming Upper School students and parents to the athletic leadership team and to discuss the school’s athletic philosophy as well as the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) eligibility rules and guidelines.
2) Upper School captains’ practices begin on Monday, July 29. If you are unaware of when your specific practices will be held, please visit this link for details. These practices are organized and led by the captains of each team. These practices are optional but highly recommended to start building team chemistry and to get extra time preparing for the regular season. The official team practices begin on Monday, August 12, and the schedules can be found here.
3) Upper School athletes must have a current sports qualifying physical exam on file in the Athletics Office. Physicals are good for three years from the exact date listed on your last physical exam. A printable physical form can be found here. Once you have your physical completed by a physician, you can turn it into the Upper School Administration Office.
4) Flash Stores are currently open and will be closing at the end of the day on Tuesday, July 30. You can find each team’s flash store here: Football, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, Cross Country, Girls Tennis, Girls Swim & Dive, and Volleyball. Please connect with your coach if you have any questions in regard to what should be purchased for the season. It’s also never too early to be thinking about Christmas gifts!
5) PA Athletics will continue to partner with Under the Lights Media to produce program books that will serve as media guides for all of our athletic teams. Each team is asked to sell ads at full or half page rates. A full page ad costs $500 and a half page ad costs $300. Ads can be sold to any mission-appropriate business. Your involvement is critical in the development of this PA Athletics communication platform. Remember, all of the Fall teams will be presented in the media guide.
Here’s how it works:
– Each team will be asked to sell one or more ads by Wednesday, August 7. The sooner we have enough ads to pay for the media guides, the sooner we can have them out in the community showcasing our student athletes and athletics.
– Businesses should make checks out to Providence Academy Athletics and provide their desired ad copy. Checks and ad copy should be mailed to:
Mr. Daren Messmore
15100 Schmidt Lake Rd.
Plymouth, MN 55446
Questions concerning layout and ad specs may be directed to Mr. Daren Messmore.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
God Bless and GO LIONS!
Mr. Daren E. Messmore, M.Ed, CAA
Director of Athletics