The Family Service Day on Saturday afternoon was a huge success! Thank you to committee chair Emily Stearns and project leads Matt Stearns, Brooke Goetze, Emily Erhard, Hilary Sanborn, Terra Otto, Elizabeth Abell, Lisa Lai, Elizabeth Abell, Gina Illies, Kathryn Septer, Ryan Falcone, Sada Runnisa and Jamie Myrold (massive prep work for blanket making) for their work on the FSP. Thanks also to the Upper School students from the National Honor Society who volunteered to help put projects together, set up, and clean up.
More than 140 adults and children completed the following projects in less than 90 minutes:
1. 50 care packages for animals at Midwest Animal Rescue Shelter. (Including finishing and packing 50 fleece blankets for the shelter animals.)
2. Dozens of care packages for frontline healthcare workers. These go to the respiratory care team at Methodist Hospital.
3. 150 turkey and cheese on wheat bread sandwiches for the homeless.
4. More than 90 decorated and filled snack packs for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
5. 51 care packages for women and children staying at Haven Housing.
6. More than 100 Placemats and Easter Cards for Meals on Wheels to be delivered with meals.
7. 120 Easter Baskets for children to be distributed through Sharing and Caring Hands.