The following colleges have upcoming visits scheduled. We encourage juniors and seniors to attend college meetings for institutions they are interested in or wish to learn more about. We are fortunate to have many colleges interested in visiting our school, so we invite parents to help us in encouraging our students to take advantage of these opportunities. The location of the meetings will be included in the morning and evening announcements.
Students and parents should consult this College Visits Users’ Guide to view the visit schedule and short profiles of the colleges. We hope this helps in identifying colleges of interest and in discovering new colleges to learn about that were not previously on radar. Have a question about the information in the Users’ Guide? Please contact Mr. Brian Estrada!
Policy for attending college visits:
- College visits scheduled for before school will begin at 8:00 a.m. Visits scheduled for after school will begin at 3:15 p.m. For college meetings at these times, students need to simply be aware of the schedule and attend these meetings.
- PA also permits colleges to visit during the academic day, at the times that coincide with Pink and Light Blue elective class periods. Attending college meetings instead of elective courses or study hall is a privilege that teachers of those courses may extend. Students should follow this process when interested in these appointments:
- Obtain a college visit pass from Mrs. Sally Peterson in the College Center at least one day before the visit. Same day passes will not be issued.
- Students should then speak to their teacher – again, at least one day before the visit – and have the teacher sign the pass.
- At the time of the college meeting, students can proceed with their signed pass directly to the college meeting. It is not necessary to report to class or study hall first. The pass will be collected at each college visit and returned to College Counseling for attendance purposes.
- If the college meeting ends before the end of the class period, students will obtain a pass from Mrs. Kate Gregg to return to class.
Visits scheduled in the next two weeks:
Tuesday, November 5
11:15 a.m.: Niagara University (Niagara Falls, NY)
11:15 a.m.: University of Minnesota, Duluth
Thursday, November 7
1:30 p.m.: Hamline University (Saint Paul, MN)